Wednesday, March 15, 2006

 

From 12,000 ft to zero

I did it! See, Austen, I told you I would...

I fell out of a plane at 12,000 feet with a man attached to my back and lived to tell the tale.


[I'm screaming with joy although it might look like I'm crying?]

We tumbled out of the airplane, did a somersault and then freefell for 7,000 feet for about 45 seconds and then pulled the parachute out for the last 5,000 and spun around and around and around... I actually felt a bit sick. The freefall wasn't a problem, I could have done that for longer, I think it was the spinning that did it.



After the guy pulled the cord for the chute he loosened the straps a bit to make it more comfortable, and I thought he was gonna drop me out of the straps completely - it was the bigges inch of my life ... but I hung on, spiralled around and around and hit the ground on my ar$e (as instructed, that wasn't an accident) - my ar$e is getting a real workout on this trip huh?



I want to go again... but I can't afford another one quite so soon.



I'm enjoying New Zealand a whole lot, there's just so much to do, I'm turning into a real adrenaline junkie...

Hope everyone's well,
Love and hugs
Suz xx

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?