Sunday, March 05, 2006

 

Photos at Last!

Ok, I've got my photos downloaded at last.
Here goes with the first installment ...



This is Hanauma Bay, the first stop on the tour I took around O'ahu on Feb 12. It's a great spot for snorkelling and seeing turtles. I've had plans to head out that way but haven't got back there so far... maybe tomorrow huh?



Here's me standing on a beach made up of lava rocks, just along the south coast of o'ahu from Hanauma Bay.




This is a beautiful Japanese temple called Byodo-In, attached to a Hawaiian cemetary. It's a really peaceful place set on the western side of the island. The cemetary contains a grave plaque for someone who only wished to be remembered as "Wholecheese". We spent a while wondering who it could be...



Chinaman's hat island. So called cos it looks like one.


On the day I went snorkelling on the Big Island, I took some photos of some spinner dolphins who decided to swim alongside us. Unfortunately they didn't come out - they swim so fast and duck and dive out of the water so fast that my digital camera couldn't keep up. But my photos of the monument at the place where Captain Cook died came out fairly well.


I'll load up some more photos tomorrow - I need to go get some food right now. It's exhausting work, spending the day on the beach and then loading up lots of photos.

More soon,
Suz xxx

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?