Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

Kaikoura

Well I got back on the Magic bus today and headed up to Kaikoura which is only about 2 hours up the coast from Christchurch. The reason they make us get up so early to make this trip is that lots of people want to go whale watching or swimming with dolphins here so we had to be here for 11.30am.

I passed on the whale watching, having seen so many of them in Hawaii and knowing that it's 90% waiting and only 10% watching. Turns out they only saw about three whales anyway so i don't feel mean not parting with another $117! I'm also figuring I'll go swimming with dolphins when I'm up in the North Island and when it's a wee bit warmer (and also slightly cheaper).

It's been raining all afternoon - I don't believe this, I'm all the way on the other side of the world and what do i get??? Rain, rain and more rain. And, this I do believe, snow has been following me around New Zealand. I've always said that it never snows where I am - and a couple weeks after I leave Queenstown, it's still snowing there, and then about five days after I leave Tekapo, they get 10cms of the stuff. Bugger.

The top item on the news all day today has been the prospective coup in Fiji where the military is threatening (once again) to overthrow the government. Except there was a rugby match between the military and the police so the top military dude went to see that instead of doing coup-things. Ah well.

So as you can tell, I don't really have any news at the moment. I'm off to Picton tomorrow and then on to Motueka to catch up with Krazy Kat. Will catch you all again soon.

Sue xx

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?