Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 

Rotorua returned

I've been travelling a wee bit since I last blogged.

I met up with Krazy Kat at the weekend at her dad's place in Motueka at the north of the South Island. Her dad's place is sweet. It's got a huge upper deck outside where they had a big going away party and barbecue for Kat on Saturday night plus a heated pool, which was great to wake up to and dive into on Sunday morning! On Sunday we went to the Motueka A&P show, which is kinda like the Bath & West show but on a much smaller scale. Then in the evening Kat and I went into Nelson for dinner with her friend Sally.

On Monday it was time to say goodbye to Kat, which was really sad, she was heading off home on Tuesday and I had to get to Picton to catch the ferry to the North Island and Wellington.

From Wellington I headed straight up to Napier and then got in to Rotorua yesterday afternoon.

Today I persuaded Susanna, an Irish chick, to go out to the Agrodome with me to go zorbing - well, she didn't take much persuasion! We both went down twice and it was way cool. Then, as we had a bit of time to kill before the bus was due, we wandered over to the place where they have the bungy and swoop. We both decided we weren't going to do a bungy (nope, still haven't talked myself into that one) but talked ourselves into the swoop. This is where you climb into a sleeping bag-type device, get hooked to a cable suspended between two posts and then pulled up into the sky by a crane. And then you let go. Thank god Susanna was with me, cos we didn't realise until we got there that you have to pull a pin out to release us - and one of us had to be the one to do it, we thought one of the dudes who set us up was gonna do that! So I volunteered Susanna to do that. As soon as the crane started pulling us up we started having second thoughts and really didn't want to do it - it was Rock & Ropes all over again, which had terrified me!

But as soon as Susanna pulled the pin out and we were flying, it was so cool!

So tomorrow it's onwards to Mount Maunganui where I plan to spend a few days on the beach. It's certainly looking like beach weather! Aw yip!

Sue xx

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?