Saturday, December 30, 2006

 

To Singapore or Not To Singapore

I got up nice and early this morning to make it to the airport to check in for my flight to Brunei and on to Singapore. When I got there, there were people handing out letters before you checked in. My flight has been delayed by 11 hours and 25 minutes! So I'm blogging from the Hotel Grand Chancellor just off Auckland Airport (which isn't quite as grand as the name suggests) where they've put us up in the meantime and fed us adequately. Perhaps if I'd have thought about it a little more I would've brought my luggage along then I could've gone for a swim but I only had the foresight to bring a change of underwear and top with me.

So I should arrive in Brunei at abour 5.30am local time which I think is about 7 or 8 hours ahead of the UK, and then on to Singapore for around lunchtime. I've emailed the hostel I booked in Singapore begging them to keep my reservation but not charge me for tonight but I've had no reply so far. Fingers crossed. I guess this is what I get for buying such a cheap flight huh?

I've just thought of an up side: I get about 5 New Years in one. Erm... downside is the airline is alcohol free which means I'm gonna have to sneak something on board... Downside is that I'm also gonna be shattered. :-(

Wish me luck everyone... at this rate I might just about get home in time to be a bridesmaid...

Sx

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?